Monday, August 22, 2016

Second Post


I use a variety of devices to make sure I don't miss a thing. Rhetta can ring her button anytime that she keeps on her. It is a wireless doorbell and I can hear the ring wherever I take it in the house and even outside around our property.  I also use products from Kerr.  Many times she will not ring for me and attempts to get up without my help so the chair alarm sounds off and I am by her side within seconds.  She is prone to fall and forgets she needs help.  At night I have a motion detector that also sounds an alarm in my bedroom when she attempts to leave her bed without help while I am sleeping. 

Throughout the day I am checking her and making sure she uses the bathroom regularly.  I adjust her seat positions and add brief naps in bed to avoid any skin sores.  She is in great condition which is a daily goal.  

Not only do I rely on alarms but I have a Momentum Camera and can view her from my cell phone any time, any where. So if I run out to the pharmacy for her medication for example, I check often and see she is alright.

These are all the reasons I am able to take care of myself.  I sleep easy at night, keep a meditation and yoga routine, create art in my studio, maintain gardens of flowers, herbs, and vegetables, and am always reading a new book.  It's important to not only be Rhetta's caregiver 24/7 but to be the caregiver for myself, my family, spiritual growth, nature, and artistic creativity.  

My future posts will cover meaningful stories and experiences along the way weekly.


No comments:

Post a Comment